Handcrafted beaded earrings, made by a women group preserving indigenous crafts of Nagaland.
- Whole length - 15 cm. Hand-beaded on a nickel-free metal loop.
- Material: Locally sourced beads from Nagaland
Care: Wipe dry. Do not wet the metal or thread. Keep perfume away from the metal.
Product Traceability: 100% made in India
- Made by hand using locally sourced thread and beads.
- Made by a women group in Nagaland
- 24% VAT
- 12% Export & Customs
- 28% Material & Sourcing Costs
- 15% Marketing & Website costs
- 2% Admin fees
- 19% Profit
- We follow fair pricing practices. The women group has fixed rates and based on our design they quoted their price.
- No negotiation strategies involved.
Commitment to Human Rights:
- No child or forced labour involved. Providing sustainable livelihood for women artisans in Nagaland.
- Made by hand using locally sourced threads and beads.
Craft: The Naga people of Northeast India consist of a number of distinct tribes with poetic and fierce names such as Ao, Angami, Konyak, Chang, Lotha and others. Beaded necklaces are an integral part of Naga costume and culture. Each tribe has its own distinct jewellery. These beaded necklaces are thus both identity markers as well as indicators of how wealthy the wearer is. Typically, men wear simple necklaces made of a single strand of beads while women wear multiple-strand beaded necklaces. The more strands of beads, the wealthier the person is. The beads have a fascinating story to them, with some of them being trade beads from as far away as Venice.
Naga Midnight Earrings
There might be slight differences between the actual product and what is seen online. This is common when online shopping.
The uniqueness and authenticity that each handmade product brings to our collection is something we pride ourselves on immensely. We hope you enjoy the extra dose of gratitude and love from our makers all the way from India!